Developer Training for Fuse Message Broker - based on Apache ActiveMQ
On-site training, customized for you, delivered at your facility
This class is delivered at a location of your choice for groups of up to ten students and can be tailored to fit the needs of your team. All classes are created by our active commmitters at Apache and experienced professional services organization for in-depth and relevant content that is designed for enterprise organizations. Classes use the FuseSource products which are are productized and fully supported versions of popular Apache SOA projects.
Schedule a class today!
This course is for architects and developers who want to use ActiveMQ to build integration solutions using message-oriented middleware. The class uses the FuseSource distribution of Apache ActiveMQ, FUSE Message Broker, for hands-on programming exercises.
After this course the attendees will understand all key concepts around JMS along with key features of ActiveMQ, such as topologies, protocols, message groups virtual destinations, failover and high-availability. They will also gain insight into how ActiveMQ can be used in heterogeneous environments and for web application development.
- A good working knowledge of Java, including a good understanding of Java developments tools (Ant, Maven, Eclipse)
- A basic understanding of distributed systems concepts (SOA, web services) and the related standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL, JMS)
An intensive course of lectures, and hands-on exercises. Students receive detailed reference notes to supplement the lectures.
- Introduction to Apache ActiveMQ
- Introduction to JMS
- Installation and getting started
- Configuring, running and monitoring brokers
- Topologies and use-cases
- Configuring transports with ActiveMQ
- Using message groups and selectors
- Using virtual destinations
- Quality of service capabilities (failover, scalability, etc.)
- Broker networks and collections
- Applying ActiveMQ in heterogeneous environments