Forum Home » Fuse Distributions » Fuse ESB

Thread: cxf saml client java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.ReadableIns

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Apr 5, 2012 11:15 PM Last Post By: ffang
padams

cxf saml client java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.ReadableIns
Posted: Apr 3, 2012 5:52 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm new to FuseESB and am trying to test interoperability with an external web service secured by SAML SV. I'm having an issue with my osgi bundle resolving a class when building the SAML Token to place in an outgoing web service request.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/joda/time/ReadableInstant
at org.apache.ws.security.saml.ext.AssertionWrapper.<init>(AssertionWrapper.java:279)130:org.apache.ws.security.wss4j:1.6.1
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyhandlers.AbstractBindingBuilder.addSamlToken(AbstractBindingBuilder.java:891)132:org.apache.cxf.bundle:2.4.3.fuse-01-02
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.ReadableInstant not found by org.apache.ws.security.wss4j 130
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:845)
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$400(ModuleImpl.java:74)
at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1839)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247):1.6.0_30

This happens whether I manually instantiate the CXF client or configure it via spring. I have tried adding the joda-time bundle explicitly as a dependency but this makes no difference. In addition, while my bundle only uses this package indirectly, I have explicitly added to the list of packages to import and again this makes no difference.

Does anyone have any pointers of where I can look to debug this issue?

wss4j and joda-time appear to be installed and active.
karaf@root> osgi:list | grep -i wss
130 Active [ ] [ ] 50 WSS4J (1.6.1)
220 Installed [ ] [ ] 60 WSS4J (1.6.6.SNAPSHOT)
karaf@root> osgi:list | grep -i joda
140 Active [ ] [ ] 50 Apache ServiceMix Bundles: joda-time-1.5.2 (1.5.2.2)

Though I'm rather new to osgi so there's likely something else I'm overlooking. I have enabled trace logging as well and nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks.
ffang

Re: cxf saml client java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.joda.time.ReadableIns
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 12:13 AM   in response to: padams in response to: padams

Hi,

My first glance is that you have
220 Installed [ ] [ ] 60 WSS4J (1.6.6.SNAPSHOT)
which shouldn't be here at all, why you introduce WSS4J 1.6.6-SNAPSHOT? Our FUSE ESB release doesn't have this version.

Freeman
ffang

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 12:53 AM   in response to: padams in response to: padams

Hi,

I get it, it comes from that we have a 1.5.x joda-time bundle installed which can't meet wss4j optional import requirement(which need joda-time 1.6.x). But you shouldn't have WSS4J (1.6.6.SNAPSHOT) installed in any case.

You didn't mention which FUSE ESB verison you're using, I assume it's
4.4.1-fuse-03-06, so you can edit
FUSE_ESB/system/org/apache/activemq/activemq-karaf/5.5.1-fuse-03-06/activemq-karaf-5.5.1-fuse-03-06-features.xml
change
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.joda-time/1.5.2_2
to
mvn:joda-time/joda-time/1.6.2

then remove
FUSE_ESB/data folder and restart FUSE ESB, then your SAML client should work.

I'll create an internal jira and fix it soon.

Freeman
padams

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 5:37 PM   in response to: ffang in response to: ffang

I had noticed the extra version of WSS4J and am not sure exactly how it got there, something dumb I did no doubt, so I removed that. I also made the change suggested to update the version of joda-time and this moved me forward. My requests are now round tripping successfully with the service but failing once the response gets back with:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.ws.security.WSDataRef.getTransformAlgorithms()Ljava/util/List;
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyvalidators.AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.checkDataRefs(AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.java:124)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyvalidators.AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.checkSignatureAlgorithms(AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.java:96)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyvalidators.AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.validatePolicy(AlgorithmSuitePolicyValidator.java:57)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyvalidators.AbstractBindingPolicyValidator.checkProperties(AbstractBindingPolicyValidator.java:172)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.policyvalidators.AsymmetricBindingPolicyValidator.validatePolicy(AsymmetricBindingPolicyValidator.java:76)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.PolicyBasedWSS4JInInterceptor.checkBindingCoverage(PolicyBasedWSS4JInInterceptor.java:581)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.PolicyBasedWSS4JInInterceptor.doResults(PolicyBasedWSS4JInInterceptor.java:468)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:265)
at org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:85)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:263)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.onMessage(ClientImpl.java:795)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponseInternal(HTTPConduit.java:1626)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1493)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1401)
at org.apache.cxf.io.CacheAndWriteOutputStream.postClose(CacheAndWriteOutputStream.java:47)
at org.apache.cxf.io.CachedOutputStream.close(CachedOutputStream.java:194)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:56)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:648)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:263)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.doInvoke(ClientImpl.java:531)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:461)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:364)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:317)
at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:88)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134)

Since it's a NoSuchMethodMethodError this also strikes me as some sort of version mis-match issue?

I'm running 4.4.1-03-06.

Thanks for the help.
ffang

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 11:15 PM   in response to: padams in response to: padams

Hi,

Please see my last comment in
http://fusesource.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3808

Freeman