Forum Home » Fuse Distributions » Fuse ESB

Thread: Using embedded message broker in a network of brokers

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Feb 15, 2012 10:30 PM Last Post By: doug.smith@fmr....
doug.smith@fmr....

Using embedded message broker in a network of brokers
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 5:00 PM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
The ability to configure the FUSE version of service mix (4.4.1-fuse-01-13) to participate in a network of brokers eludes me. I can establish a network of brokers using Active MQ 5.5.1-fuse-01-13, but for some reason the emdedded case eludes me, even if I start a non-embedded message broker and use a network connector that points to the listener endpoint of an embedded broker.

Note I can point JMS clients to the embedded brokers, I just can't get them to network together.

Is there a configuration option or other ways to enable this? The canonical example would be the embedded broker in instance A configured to forward messages to the embedded broker in instance B. A producer could connect to A, and a consumer connected to B could consume message forwarded from A.

Can someone point me to a detailed example configuration that illustrates this?

Thanks.
doug.smith@fmr....

Re: Using embedded message broker in a network of brokers
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:07 PM   in response to: doug.smith@fmr.... in response to: doug.smith@fmr....
I suspect I was being defeated by the bundle cache, where my edits to the broker configuration were not being picked up - I will update this once this has been confirmed.
doug.smith@fmr....

Re: Using embedded message broker in a network of brokers
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:30 PM   in response to: doug.smith@fmr.... in response to: doug.smith@fmr....
It was in fact the bundle cache. With this experience in hand, I was able to create a network of brokers using the embedded message brokers.