mohithanda

Unable to get moveFailed to work for File2 component
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 7:22 AM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Guys,

I had a look at the documentation on http://camel.apache.org/file2.html

I tried the following endpoints to consume files

file:C:\\temp
csv?move=done&moveFailed=error/{file:name.noext}-${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.${file:ext}

file:C:\\temp\\csv?move=done&moveFailed=error\{file:name.noext}-${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.${file:ext}

And I get the following error

Cannot create directory: C:\temp\csv\error{file:name.noext}-now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS.ext (could be because of denied permissions)

Now the interesting thing is, if I use just file:C:\\temp
csv?move=done&moveFailed=error, it creates error directory and puts the source file into the error directory.

So, I am not sure why I am getting permission denied issues. Also, not sure why the errors says Can not create directory, I am just sending file to an existing directory. Because error directory was created when I used file:C:\\temp
csv?move=done&moveFailed=error

Please advise.

Regards,
Mohit
davsclaus

Re: Unable to get moveFailed to work for File2 component
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 7:25 AM   in response to: mohithanda in response to: mohithanda
There is a missing $ in the {file:name.noext}. When you use those { } tokens, then the first should always be ${ and the closing a }.
mohithanda

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 7:47 AM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus
Thanks Claus for the prompt response.

Now my endpoint looks like the following

file:C:\\temp\\csv?move=done&moveFailed=error
${file:name.noext}-${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.${file:ext}

I also tried

file:C:\\temp
csv?move=done&moveFailed=error/${file:name.noext}-${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.${file:ext}

Just tried that and I get the following error

Caused by: org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException - Cannot create directory: C:\temp\csv\error\name.noext-now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS.ext (could be because of denied permissions)

My input filename is test_with_headers-error.csv

Do I have to set something in the exchange message header?

Regards,
Mohit
davsclaus

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 12:04 PM   in response to: mohithanda in response to: mohithanda
What version of Camel are you using?

And if you use XML, then make sure to use & as the &, because with XML you must escape the & chars.
mohithanda

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 12:23 AM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus
I am using camel 2.6.0

I am also using DSL to define my routes. Although I am injecting the file endpoint using spring config into my RouteBuilder class. And the spring config uses PropertyPlaceHolder and reads a .properties file to lookup the endpoint definition.

.properties file

test.source.file.or.directory=file:C:\\temp\\csv?move=done&moveFailed=error
${file:name.noext}-${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.${file:ext}

Spring config snippet
<bean id="testtRouteBuilder"
class="com.mycompany.servicebus.services.test.routes.TestRouteBuilder">
<property name="source" value="${test.source.file.or.directory}" />

Edited by: mohithanda on Apr 25, 2012 12:24 AM
davsclaus

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 5:03 AM   in response to: mohithanda in response to: mohithanda
Can you try a newer version of Camel. There used to be a bug in an older release about the ${ } not working on the file component.
mohithanda

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 11:41 PM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus
Ok. I can try that.

In the meantime, I printed out the source endpoint in my route builder and I see the following

file:C:\temp\csv?move=done&moveFailed=error\name.noext-now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS.ext

Seems like something is stripping out all the placeholders in the endpoint definition. As in, ${} doesn't get printed. Not sure if this is the expected behaviour or not.

from(getSource())
.process(new Processor() {

@Override
public void process(Exchange exchng) throws Exception {
LOGGER.debug(":" + getSource() + ":");
}
})

And I see

:file:C:\temp\csv?move=done&moveFailed=error\name.noext-now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS.ext:

Edited by: mohithanda on Apr 25, 2012 11:48 PM
davsclaus

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 8:05 AM   in response to: mohithanda in response to: mohithanda
How do you use and run your application? Do you use Spring? And if so do you use spring property placeholders or some sort?

Yes the ${ } should be preserved, but Camel will normalize the uri, so some tokens gets printed as %2F etc using an encoded value.