Forum Home » Projects » Fuse IDE 1.0

Thread: FuseIDE - Karaf server doesn't start

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: May 11, 2012 5:11 PM Last Post By: lhein Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
nicolasduminil

FuseIDE - Karaf server doesn't start
Posted: May 10, 2012 12:37 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Greetings,

I'm using FuseIFDE with Indigo. The version of FuseIDE is the one installed from the site, I think 2.0.26.

I created a new Apache Karaf 2.x server and, trying to start it, displays

____ _ __ __ _
/ ___| _ _ ____ _(_) _ ___| \/ (_)_ __
___ \ / _ \ '__\ \ / / |/ __/ _ \ |\/| | \ \/ /
___) | __/ | \ V /| | (_| __/ | | | |> <
|____/ \___|_| \_/ |_|\___\___|_| |_|_/_/\_\

Apache ServiceMix (4.4.1-fuse-03-06)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and 'cmd --help' for help on a specific command.

karaf@root>

but the start process doesn't finish, the right down corner is displaying "Starting Apache server ..." and, after 90s the mesage

"Server apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-03-06 was unable to start within 90 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor."

is displayed. Trying to type any command doesn't reply anything. Of course, starting the server in a command window works properly.

What could be the problem here ?

Many thanks in advance.
lhein

Re: FuseIDE - Karaf server doesn't start
Posted: May 10, 2012 1:03 PM   in response to: nicolasduminil in response to: nicolasduminil

I will take a look at it and let you know.

Lars
davsclaus

Posted: May 11, 2012 4:28 AM   in response to: nicolasduminil in response to: nicolasduminil

The 2.1 release is out later this month. I recommend using that release.

We have a beta version you can download and try out today. There is a beta tab on this page:
http://fusesource.com/products/fuse-ide/
nicolasduminil

Posted: May 11, 2012 2:42 PM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus

Hi,

Many thanks for the answer but I'm working on a Windows x86-64 machine, with Java 64 bits and there is no Windows x86-64 version of FuseIDE. So I prefer to use Indigo for windows x86-64 and to add to it Fuse IDE then to have to install a Java 32 on the 64 bits machines and having two diferent JAVA installs and lots of other complications. I don't need to use the newest 2.1 features, just wanted to use the current and stable version of FuseIDE. I must be possible to start the Karaf server in the IDE, I cannot imagine I'm the only one having this problem.

Kind regards,

Nicolas
davsclaus

Posted: May 11, 2012 3:28 PM   in response to: nicolasduminil in response to: nicolasduminil
Correct
The plugin update is also available for Fuse IDE 2.1. So when its GA you can update.
The development is focused on 2.1 going forward.
lhein

Posted: May 11, 2012 5:11 PM   in response to: nicolasduminil in response to: nicolasduminil

We will ship a standalone version of Fuse IDE 2.1 for Windows 64bits as well. So no worries.