Forum Home » Enterprise Products » Fuse HQ

Thread: FUSE HQ + JMX and %name%

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Jun 26, 2012 1:57 PM Last Post By: davsclaus Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rawlingsj

FUSE HQ + JMX and %name%
Posted: Jun 21, 2012 10:37 AM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

My FUSE HQ is monitoring the basic metrics of a FUSE installation without a problem (CPU / memory etc).

However, when I try and add a service mix metric, e.g. when creating a new service select type "Service Mix 4.4.0-fuse Processors" then I always get a configuration error along the lines of:

The configuration has not been set for this resource due to : Invalid configuration: Error retrieving value: ObjectName not found org.apache.camel:context=MYSERVER/227-blueprintContext,type=processors,name=%name%: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: org.apache.camel:context=MYSERVER/227-blueprintContext,type=processors,name=%name%

I have looked at the objectNames via VisualVM and they are correct other than each processor has a real name, e.g. "to1".

Is %name% trying to match all names or have I missed some configuration?

A similar pattern happens with all the metrics not just processors.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks.
davsclaus

Re: FUSE HQ + JMX and %name%
Posted: Jun 21, 2012 4:36 PM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
Just asking, do you have a Camel application running in the Fuse ESB which is deployed with bundle id 227 ?
rawlingsj

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 8:15 AM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus
Just asking, do you have a Camel application running in the Fuse ESB which is deployed with bundle id 227 ?

Yes.
rawlingsj

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 8:16 AM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
A similar pattern happens for non FUSE ESB applications, e.g. Glassfish
davsclaus

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 10:34 AM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
If you are a FuseSource subscriber I suggest to use that channel to get help with FuseHQ and this issue.
ubhole

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 10:54 AM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
What are the Serviemix and HQ versions you are using? HQ should automatically discover your camel routes/processors if the configuration is setup correctly. You don't need to add them manually. Try selecting servicemix instance in HQ Dashboard and click on Inventroy and edit the configuration to make sure the JMX URL and credentials are correctly set.

/Ulhas Bhole
rawlingsj

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:28 PM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
Thanks for your help.

FUSE HQ version: 4.4.0.2
FUSE ESB Enterprise version: 7.0.0.fuse-061

I checked the JMX configuration settings and they are correct, i.e. changing them to invalid gives error, changing them back to valid and they are accepted.

Has anybody got any other ideas?

Thanks again.
ubhole

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:37 PM   in response to: rawlingsj in response to: rawlingsj
Can you attach your servicemix-plugin.xml? It seems it doesn't have Fuse ESB 7.0 related entry as from original post looks like you are using 4.4 entries to discover 7.0.

Also, the error you show generally points to the fact that you may have restarted your camel context/routes or Fuse ESB after discovery. If this is the case you will get such InsanceNotFound error as by default Camel Context/route/processor get auto-generated unique id's which becomes invalid upon restart.

Ulhas Bhole
davsclaus

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 1:57 PM   in response to: ubhole in response to: ubhole
I wrote a blog entry about how to lock the JMX names of Camel apps
http://www.davsclaus.com/2012/06/locking-down-jmx-naming-now-easier-with.html

This applies to Fuse ESB 7 as well, eg this new feature from Camel 2.10 has been backported to the Camel used in Fuse ESB 7.