Forum Home » Fuse Distributions » Fuse ESB

Thread: Advice on using Axis 1,4...good idea or not?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Aug 13, 2012 6:00 AM Last Post By: davsclaus Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
paul.berry

Advice on using Axis 1,4...good idea or not?
Posted: May 18, 2012 2:14 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi All,

I'm developing an integration solution which requires my route to consume an RPC/Encoded web service. After wrestling with this for some time I've come up with a bundle which allows the development of an Axis 1.4 client in servicemix. There were a few issues getting this going, notably I had to embed the axis dependencies in my bundle to workaround the Pax logging issue described here: http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXLOGGING-58.

Everything seems to be working fine, however I thought it was worth asking if there's any specific reasons I shouldn't go down this route. Is this something that FUSE would advise doing for RPC/Encoded web services or is there another approach (that doesn't require manually parsing hundreds of XML responses)?

Edited by: paul.berry on May 18, 2012 2:14 PM
davsclaus

Re: Advice on using Axis 1,4...good idea or not?
Posted: May 29, 2012 8:19 AM   in response to: paul.berry in response to: paul.berry

Yeah making a one giant JAR with all the Axis 1.x dependencies is a good idea. I have done that as well in the past.

Axis 1.x is one of the few web service frameworks that support the old RPC style encoding.
paul.berry

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 10:42 AM   in response to: paul.berry in response to: paul.berry

In case anyone else wants to use servicemix with an RPC/Encoded web service I wrote up a little blog post with the poms and stuff you'll need:

http://www.tall-paul.co.uk/2012/07/24/accessing-rpcencoded-web-services-in-servicemix-fuse-esb/
davsclaus

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 6:00 AM   in response to: paul.berry in response to: paul.berry

Thanks for sharing this with us