Forum Home » Projects » Fuse IDE 1.0

Thread: Will/does the Fuse IDE for Camel have a web-based interface?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 10:25 PM Last Post By: davsclaus Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rliguori

Will/does the Fuse IDE for Camel have a web-based interface?
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 1:29 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
"Rider", the precursor to the "Fuse IDE for Camel" had a web version, as referenced in Appendix D of "Camel in Action".

Does and/or will the rebranded and improved "Fuse IDE for Camel" tool have a web-based interface?

Also, are there plans for the "Fuse IDE for Camel" to run as a standalone (non-web based and not as an IDE plug-in) application?

How about integration into NetBeans and/or IntelliJ IDEA IDEs?

Thanks.
jstrachan

Re: Will/does the Fuse IDE for Camel have a web-based interface?
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 10:18 AM   in response to: rliguori in response to: rliguori

We still have the code for a web based editor which at some point we may release; though for now we've decided to plough all of our energy into making Fuse IDE for Eclipse as awesome as we can.

We're also working on an 'RCP' install of Fuse IDE so that you can install it as a stand alone application so you don't have to mess with your regular Eclipse install if you prefer. For now though if you want a separate install of Fuse IDE you could just download another Eclipse distro and use the Fuse IDE update site to install Fuse IDE into it - then you don't have to change your normal development eclipse install.

One day I'd love a Fuse IDE for IDEA plugin; though we've no immediate plans for that yet.
abedwards

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 4:16 AM   in response to: jstrachan in response to: jstrachan

related to your comment James, do you have a ETA on the "Standalone" install of FuseIDE. I had a requirement to use FuseIDE to connect to a oracle weblogic install hosting camel routes. I ended up putting the weblogic classes in the bootclasspath of eclipse, obviously this may/will break FuseIDE or Eclipse at some point. Unfortunately I couldn't find a better way.

Any chance you have any recommendations?
I documented my configuration here:

Thanks
davsclaus

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 6:26 AM   in response to: abedwards in response to: abedwards

The "standalone" install of Fuse IDE is in the works. I think there is a few minor things to cleanup, but it looks good. I cannot say an ETA officially, but I assume its not so far away.
abedwards

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 6:50 AM   in response to: davsclaus in response to: davsclaus

Thanks, look forward to trying it out.
michaelb

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 6:03 PM   in response to: rliguori in response to: rliguori

Hi FuseSource,

Is there any news on the roadmap plans for a web-based Fuse IDE for Camel?

thanks,
Michael
davsclaus

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 10:25 PM   in response to: michaelb in response to: michaelb

No not at this moment.

Fuse IDE 2.1 is on the way with a lot of improvements and a much better look and feel.