Forum Home » Fuse Distributions » Fuse ESB

Thread: No PlatformTransactionManager?

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 26, 2012 2:33 PM Last Post By: jwcarman Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jwcarman

No PlatformTransactionManager?
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 1:40 PM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have done the exact same steps on both linux and Windows:

1. Unzip the current Fuse distribution (apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-03-06).
  2. Change the "org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories" property in ${fuse_home}/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg to point to our Nexus repository (which has the fusesource stuff proxied).
  3. Execute ${fuse_home}/bin/servicemix (the batch file on Windows of course)
  4. In the karaf shell, execute features:install webconsole

Now, when I look at the services exported by the org.apache.aries.transaction.manager (version 0.3.0) bundle, on Linux I get:

Service ID 217 Types: javax.transaction.TransactionManager, javax.transaction.TransactionSynchronizationRegistry, javax.transaction.UserTransaction, org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.RecoverableTransactionManager, org.springframework.transaction.PlatformTransactionManager
However, on Windows, I get:

Service ID 493 Types: javax.transaction.TransactionManager, javax.transaction.TransactionSynchronizationRegistry, javax.transaction.UserTransaction, org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.RecoverableTransactionManager
No PlatformTransactionManager is available on Windows! Yuck.

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 1:42 PM

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 2:32 PM - Windows part is a red herring.
jwcarman

Re: No PlatformTransactionManager?
Posted: Apr 26, 2012 2:17 PM   in response to: jwcarman in response to: jwcarman
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Okay, I've been playing around with this and there's no rhyme or reason as to why this thing behaves the way it does. Sometimes when I start with a "fresh" fuse-esb installation, the PlatformTransactionManager is there. Sometimes, it's not. When I restart fuse-esb, sometimes it shows up. Are we dealing with an ordering issue here? Is there some bundle I'll need to reboot to get this thing to work properly?

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 2:33 PM